Background

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

I am going into the wilderness . . . probably to die

For the record, I am not trunky. I am to the point where I'm super excited to go home and see everybody... I just wish I could come straight back out again! But alas, change comes and we continue to do our best and follow the Savior no matter which area of the vineyard we serve in.

Something that I thoroughly enjoyed was being able to have my last Sunday in the field in the Zanesville 2nd ward. I hadn't planned it that way. It just happened (I promise). It was wonderful to see everyone and it happened to be N.S. & B.B.'s farewells, which was awesome! I will attach pictures.

As far as my week went: I spent Monday in Little Miami and switched over to Dayton in Huber Heights that night. We found a new investigator there and did some great service. I was surprised how Heavenly Father helped me to help the sisters there. I was in Huber Heights a day and a half and then I went to Beaver Creek for a day and a half. Lots of great training and some more help from Heavenly Father made it an awesome experience. I love feeling the love that Heavenly Father has for His precious daughters.

Side note: I got a recipe for the most delicious cookies from a sister in the Beaver Creek ward. They are like chocolate chip cookies crossed with chewy macaroons. Soooooo goood!

Momma K. picked me up in Springfield and took me to Westerville, where I got to spend a day with my baby and grandbaby (Sister H. and Sister C.) The coolest thing about my "posterity" is that it will spread across the world. Sister N. is training again in England and Sister C. will be going to Brazil! Cool eh?

We had an adventure with street contacting at this huge fair. We were all terrified but did it anyway. It was a good experience. We found two investigators while I was in Westerville (not at the fair); one came from me knowing about Mah-jong. Who would've thought! The other guy was awesome, too, and I can't wait to hear how his return appointment goes!

E.S.'s mom took me to Newark; N.S. met us there with M.B. and they drove me to Zanesville. It was great! I'm so grateful that there are so many wonderful members and friends there. It was quite a reunion Sunday.

Now I'm in Lancaster. We found two new investigators yesterday. Super solid. The Lord is blessing all of these Sisters so much. And me! I have never found so many investigators in my whole mission as I have these last couple of weeks. What a way to finish it off!

Now I'm heading off to Marysville today. Sister W. is taking me. She is so wonderful!

As a final testimony I would like to say that the Gospel is awesome. Heavenly Father loves us and has a plan and we can know it and find peace and happiness now. It's almost like instant gratification! I am amazed to see how I've grown by allowing Heavenly Father to make changes in me. It is amazing! We are so blessed to know it. Share it with others. It doesn't have to be big. Just share yourselves and they will recognize the amazing Spirit that is with you.

I love you all. See you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment