Background

Monday, May 6, 2013

It's raining like a banshee!



I am in a trio here in Lakeside Park and my newbie, Sister A., is awesome! She is from Springville UT.  Being in a trio has been fun. There are pros and cons to it, mostly pros in my opinion! I love just being able to go anywhere we want; we don't need to wait for a wife to be home, for example. Although obviously that's preferable. :)

After transfer meeting we went to the temple with President and Sister Nilsen. I can't believe it was my last time at the temple on my mission. It was wonderful, as always, and afterward the Nilsens took us all to Jeni's ice cream! It was super yummy! Mom and Dad, I am taking you there one day!!! We had an awesome steak dinner that evening, and President did departing testimonies while we all made scrapbook pages and worked on a banner that Sister Nilsen is making. Every missionary donates a tie/scarf. I bet it will be awesome! We had departing testimonies and then my companions picked me up around 10:30. They worked in Westerville for the day. We didn't get home until almost 1:00 a.m. Basically, we are all super jet-lagged!

We did a lot of tracting and 2-2-5ving this week, and Sunday was the best. It was raining like a banshee! When it rains out here it isn't light rain, it's crazy rain!!!! Big drops and you are soaked in seconds!

We had a stake conference broadcast from Salt Lake that was amazing! It was for the whole eastern half of the United States. What I took away from it was, hold your family close, you're getting to the top of the roller coaster and things will be speeding up shortly! It's going to get crazy!! Oh boy!

B. was able to attend a baptism this week and she really loved it. She wasn't able to make it to stake conference, which was a bummer, but we'll be meeting with her this week and we'll be putting her on date for baptism! I'm so excited for her. We're really going to focus on the Book of Mormon with her and schedule consistent appointments. That's where we've been struggling recently. We're also going to be getting back in contact with the R. family. She was super stressed with school the last time we talked to her. It's over now, so we're going to get her involved with one of the play groups that some sisters in the relief society have going.

It has been a crazy week, and this week may be even crazier! I will be going to the first official "Missionary Leadership Council" in the Great OCM. Historic! All the Sister Training Leaders will be there. There are six including me. We are expecting 15 new Sisters this transfer and 19 next transfer! Holy cow!

Have an awesome week!

1 comment:

  1. we have not forgotten you. you are totally awesome. greetings from zanesville.

    ReplyDelete